Motability at Motorvogue
Getting about and retaining independence are two elements of our day-to-day lives that are important to everybody. If you have a disability, or are physically impaired in any way, being able to drive can often be an ideal solution to fulfilling those elements, made possible through our versatile and expansive range of Motability vehicles. Whether you’re a driver with a disability looking for a vehicle that caters to your individual requirements, or are a family member, friend or carer, looking for an adaptable solution to driving on behalf of a disabled person, our friendly and knowledgeable team can guide you through the available options and ensure you get on the road with the right vehicle, in safety and comfort.
To qualify for Motability you, or a child in your care, must be receiving one of the following benefits: Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or War Pensioners Mobility Supplement. But you don’t have to be the driver yourself. If you’ve any doubts, please get in touch.
For more on the Motability solutions available from us here at Motorvogue, simply call us at one of our locations listed below and speak to a member of our team today!
AM I ELIGIBLE?
In order to join the scheme, you must receive one of the following disability benefits and have at least 12 months award length remaining:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (as of 11 April 2018, this allowance is £59.75 per week)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (as of 9 April 2018, this allowance is £59.75 per week)
- War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement (as of 11 April 2018, this allowance is £66.75 per week)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (as of 11 April 2018, the mobility element of the allowance is £59.75 per week)
If you are still unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact one of our fully-trained, friendly Motability Specialists who will be delighted to help you further. Alternatively, why not use the Eligibility Checker tool.
Not only will you have the freedom provided by a brand new car, but you will also enjoy worry free motoring, guaranteed. You can expect the following benefits once you’ve joined the scheme:
- Servicing & Maintenance
- Full RAC breakdown assistance
- Annual car tax
- Replacement tyres
- Window/windscreen repair or replacement
- 60,000 mileage allowance over 3 years
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
- A wide range of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs)
- A large selection of brand new cars available to choose from suiting all requirements and budgets
Although almost everything is included, please note you will be responsible for paying the following:
- Fuel and consumables; such as screen wash
- Optional extras not fitted as standard; ensure that you check the vehicle specification with your chosen Gates dealership
- Adaptations; some need an additional payment
- Insurance claims; an insurance excess will apply on any claim for loss or damage. This excess amount varies depending on the age and experience of the driver (full details can be obtained on application).
- Fines; any parking or speeding fines are your responsibility
- Theft of, or damage to, personal belongings; these include wheelchairs, coats or mobile phones (full details can be obtained on application).
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Once you have decided that the scheme is for you, it really couldn’t be simpler. At Motorvogue, we have a large selection of brand new, award-winning, multi-brand vehicles for you to choose from. Many of these vehicles are available with little or no advance payment.
Need help choosing which vehicle is right for you? Try the checklist.
Our team of friendly, fully-trained Motability Specialists will be happy to discuss your needs, book you in for a test drive and help you with your application. Please get in touch with us in person, by phone or via the online enquiry form.
CAN ADAPTATIONS BE FITTED?
There are generally three different categories of adaptations available.
Driving adaptations: These help to improve your driving experience by providing assistance with speed control, steering and signalling for example. They can vary from simple attachments to replacing existing controls.
Stowage adaptations: These allow you to store and transport your scooter or wheelchair with the assistance of stowage systems such as a boot hoist, operated by the simple touch of a button.
Access adaptations: These help you to get in and out of the car and can include features such as swivel seats, transfer plates and electric person hoists.
The following guide provides comprehensive information about vehicle adaptations. Download here.
At Motorvogue, we understand that our customers have their own individual requirements- that’s where our fully trained Motability Specialists come in. Depending on your needs, they will be able to offer advice on the vehicles that are most suitable for you and the associated adaptations available on that vehicle.
PERSONAL INDEPENDENCE PAYMENT (PIP) AND MOTABILITY
For disabled people aged between 16 and 64, the Government has started replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) with Personal Independence Payment (PIP). The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will be writing to current claimants of DLA, inviting them to apply for PIP. This will start with those on fixed term awards, followed by those with “indefinite” or “lifetime” awards. It is anticipated that the nationwide roll out of PIP will conclude in 2018. Disabled children will continue to receive DLA until they reach 16 and it will also still be available for those aged over 65 as of 8th April 2013.
When the DWP do invite you to apply for PIP, there could be one of two outcomes:
- You are awarded the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of PIP. With this outcome, there will be no change and you can continue to lease your vehicle as normal.
- You are not awarded the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of PIP. Motability cars can only be supplied to recipients of the relevant mobility allowances and you will be contacted with regards to the return of your vehicle and for support through this transition.
In the unfortunate event that the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of PIP is not awarded, there is a package of financial support available from Motability to selected customers, as long as you return the car to the dealership in good condition and by the agreed date. This has been carefully designed to support Motability customers through the initial phase of PIP implementation but will be subject to further review.
The type of support offered is summarised below, terms and conditions apply:
- Up to £2,000 financial support dependent if you joined the scheme before the end of 2013
- No further lease payments
- Advance Payment refunded on a pro-rata basis
- Where relevant, financial support to fit the same adaptations to a non-Scheme vehicle
- Guidance on buying a used car, information on insurance, maintenance and other mobility solutions
- Full claims history letter and details for Autonet Mobility, who are able to provide insurance quotes for former Motability customers
- A fair market price for your car in case you choose to buy it.
If you would like to find out more information on the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and the Motability Scheme, please visit http://www.motability.co.uk/pip
Please note: The above is provided for information purposes only. The process of application for PIP is carried out through the Department for Work and Pensions. In the event that a vehicle should be returned, the process and financial support is managed by Motability Operations Ltd.
CONSUMER CREDIT & GENERAL INSURANCE
Motorvogue (Northampton)Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Automotive Compliance Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA No 497010). Automotive Compliance Ltd’s permissions as a Principal Firm allows Motorvogue (Northampton)Ltd to act as a credit broker, not as a lender, for the introduction to a limited number of finance providers and to act as an agent on behalf of the insurer for insurance mediation activities only.